- Now open to Juniors, Seniors, & Graduate students from The New School as well as students in the CT/NJ/NY area.
- No Incompletes on your transcript by end of Spring semester
- Minimum 15 credits completed by end of Spring semester
- Students who display maturity, flexibility, initiative, and independence
- Please read about individual country sites to find out which sites are open to graduate or undergraduate students from outside The New School.
The application process differs for New School students and non-New School students. Please make sure to follow the instructions that are applicable to your status. To apply for the IFP, you must complete the online application and, at the end of the process, upload the following four documents:
- A recent resume or CV
- A writing sample or portfolio
- A brief essay for your first choice IFP country
- A brief essay for your second choice IFP country
Do not send applications directly to Faculty Coordinators. Questions regarding the application process should be addressed to email@example.com. Applications will not be reviewed until all materials have been received.
What else is required?
If invited for an interview, you must be available for one of the interview sessions that will be held in October. Selected applicants will be contacted in mid-October to schedule an appointment.
Please see our Important Dates page to keep track of upcoming deadlines.