Program Expectations for New School Students
- Each IFP site will have a prerequisite academic course which will provide the theoretical background to understand the issues students will be exploring on site. To go on the summer IFP, you must pass this prerequisite course at or above the grade determined by the Faculty Country Chair. This course will include an academic paper about your IFP site.
- Full attendance and participation are required in the Spring IFP Seminar. These seminars will include country context, tailored to prepare students for site work.
- Accepted students must attend all IFP-wide events and meetings.
- Full attendance and participation in non-credit language class when appropriate.
- On-site program activities and projects
- Summer fieldwork
- Final paper
- IFP Evaluation
- IFP Conference presentation preparation
- Everyone is required to present either as a team or individually at the annual IFP Conference held in the Fall.