If you hold a passport from the United States, please visit the website of the Department of State in order to learn about your visa requirement.
If you hold any other passport, please check in with your IFP country’s visa requirements.
If you are a New School student, visit Student Health Services and read about Health Information in order to get your vaccinations and prepare for the trip in time.
Below are the suggested vaccines for the 2019 IFP sites.In addition to the vaccinations listed below, you should be up to date on routine vaccinations while traveling to any destination. Please note that some vaccines are only necessary for those traveling in rural areas, if you are unsure about your travel plans, we recommend that you get them all.
- The Balkans: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Rabies.
- Brazil: Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Hepatitis B, Malaria, Rabies, Yellow Fever
- Cuba: Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Hepatitis B, Rabies
- Ethiopia: Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Cholera, Hepatitis B, Malaria, Yellow fever, Rabies, Meningitis, Polio.
- South Africa: Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Hepatitis B, Malaria, Yellow fever, Rabies.
We recommend that you create a Medical Kit for your travels, which includes Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Antihistamines, and over-the-counter antidiarrheal medication. If you need to take prescription drugs to your IFP, please check in with your health provider and with your country’s policies on international medication.